Thanks to everyone who came out for Fall Cookin’ on the Farm. These recipes from sponsor Whole Foods Market are similar to the menu we prepared on the farm.
Be sure to check out our photo gallery from the event!
Kale, carrot & beet salad with mustard apple cider vinaigrette
- Shred equal parts carrot and beet (approximately 1 cup each)
- tear approximately 1 cup of Red Russian Kale (if using other type of kale, massage or blanch first to soften)
- For dressing whisk the following together:
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 cup olive oil
Quinoa & black bean tacos
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 2 large garlic cloves, pressed or minced
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground chili powder
- ½ cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed well in a fine mesh colander
- 1 cup vegetable broth or water
- 1 (14 ounce) can black beans or 1 ½ cups cooked black beans, rinsed and drained
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Fill prepared corn tortillas and top with your choice of vegetables and cojita cheese and salsa (recipe below).