We are currently accepting internship applications from college students or recent graduates interested in Summer Farm Education Internships.
- Open to college students/recent graduates interested in teaching youth about food, farming, and ecology.
- Must enjoy working with children!
- Ability to work outdoors, in variable climatic conditions, lifting, digging, using hand tools.
- Positive, ‘can do’ attitude.
- Background in outdoor education and/or organic gardening / farming practices preferred.
- Must pass background check.
We are seeking interns who will be able to commit to five full weeks of Summer Camp, plus one training day prior to camp.
- Camp dates: July 10th – August 11th, 2017
- Daily hours will be 8:30 am – 3:30 pm.
As a Sauvie Island Center Farm Education Intern you will receive:
- College credit (must arrange with your school).
- Experience teaching outdoor education programs with children.
- Knowledge of Pacific Northwest ecosystems.
- Knowledge of organic farming practices in the Pacific Northwest.
- A stipend of $600.
Submit a cover letter and resume with 3 references. Cover letter should address why you are interested in outdoor/agricultural education and your availability during the summer camp season.
Interns will be asked to complete a background check before they are able to work with children.
Sarah can also be reached by phone at 503-341-8627.