Volunteer Farm Educators
Are you passionate about gardening, nature, or working outdoors with children? If so, consider volunteering with Sauvie Island Center! Volunteers lead small groups of elementary school students through interactive, hands-on, farm-based lessons on plant life cycles, soil science, pollination, and more.
Volunteer Farm Educators are essential to the success of our program! As a Sauvie Island Center volunteer you will:
- Gain experience in farm-based education, interpretation and gardening.
- Spend your days outside on beautiful Sauvie Island.
- Become a part of a dynamic and energetic team of educators.
- Taste fresh produce from Sauvie Island Organics farm.
- Plant the seeds of knowledge and stewardship in local youth.
SPRING 2017 field trips begin Monday, April 10th and run through Wednesday, June 21st. Each trip is approximately a 5 -hour volunteer day from 9:00 am – 2:00 pm. Our trained educators are asked to commit to leading a minimum of 5 field trips during the season.
Volunteer Farm Educator Training
Volunteer Farm Educator training will be held one day during the weekof April 3rd on site at Howell Territorial Park. Check back soon for details.
Alternate training can be organized on an individual basis
Please complete the short volunteer application.