We are not currently hiring for any internship positions.
If you are interested in an internship with the Sauvie Island Center please email our Program Director or check back here – we will post opportunities as soon as we have them!
General Intern Requirements
- Open to college students/recent graduates interested in teaching youth about food, farming, and ecology.
- Must enjoy working with children!
- Ability to work outdoors, in variable climatic conditions, lifting, digging, using hand tools.
- Positive, ‘can do’ attitude.
- Background in outdoor education and/or organic gardening / farming practices preferred.
- Must be able to pass background check.
Farm Education Interns Receive:
- College credit (must arrange with your school)
- Experience teaching outdoor education programs with children
- Knowledge of Pacific Northwest ecosystems
- Knowledge of organic farming practices in the Pacific Northwest
The Sauvie Island Center is committed to supporting diversity, equity, and inclusion among our staff, volunteers, and those we serve. People of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.