General Intern Requirements
- Open to college students/recent graduates interested in teaching youth about food, farming, and ecology
- Must enjoy working with children!
- Ability to work outdoors, in variable climatic conditions, lifting, digging, using hand tools
- Positive, ‘can do’ attitude
- Background in outdoor education and/or organic gardening / farming practices preferred
- Must pass background check
Farm Education Interns receive
- College credit (must arrange with your school)
- Experience teaching outdoor education programs with children
- Knowledge of Pacific Northwest ecosystems
- Knowledge of organic farming practices in the Pacific Northwest
We are seeking interns who will be able to commit to one weekday per week for 10 weeks of fall field trips (September 11th– Nobember 17th), plus one training day (Friday, September 8th). Daily hours will be 8:30 am – 2:00 pm.
Submit a cover letter and resume with 3 references. Cover letter should address why you are interested in outdoor/agricultural education and your availability during aforementioned program times. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, but must be received no later than Friday, September 1st. Internship positions are open until filled. Please send all application materials to: Sarah Philips, Education Program Manager, or call her at 503-341-8627.