We are currently hiring for two Summer Internship Positions
- We will be holding two weeks of summer camp in 2020: August 3rd – 7th and the 10th – 14th. The 2020 Summer Internship consists of 15 full days of work:
- July 28, 29, 30 – Training
- August 3-7 and 10 – 14 – Camp
- August 17 & 18 – Debrief
- Interns will receive a $600 stipend (plus some pretty hefty perks) and have the opportunity obtain to obtain college credit (intern will need to coordinate credit)
- The application deadline is July 8th.
- To apply, please send your resume, cover letter, and contact information for 2 references to our Program Director Aliesje King.
- For more information, please see our Farm Camp Intern 2020
General Intern Requirements
- Open to college students/recent graduates interested in teaching youth about food, farming, and ecology.
- Must enjoy working with children!
- Ability to work outdoors, in variable climatic conditions, lifting, digging, using hand tools.
- Positive, ‘can do’ attitude.
- Background in outdoor education and/or organic gardening / farming practices preferred.
- Must be able to pass background check.
Farm Education Interns Receive:
- College credit (must arrange with your school)
- Experience teaching outdoor education programs with children
- Knowledge of Pacific Northwest ecosystems
- Knowledge of organic farming practices in the Pacific Northwest
We are also offering Fall Internships:
- The 2020 field trip season is 10 weeks (September 14th – November 20th); fall interns commit to working one weekday each week, plus one training day (date TBA).
- Our Program Director, Aliesje King, will be the contact for fall internships
To Apply for a Fall Internship:
Submit a cover letter and resume with 3 references. Cover letters should address why you are interested in outdoor/agricultural education and your availability during aforementioned program times. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please send all application materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 503-341-8627.
The Sauvie Island Center is committed to supporting diversity, equity, and inclusion among our staff, volunteers, and those we serve. People of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.