General Intern Requirements
- Open to college students/recent graduates interested in teaching youth about food, farming, and ecology.
- Must enjoy working with children!
- Ability to work outdoors, in variable climatic conditions, lifting, digging, using hand tools.
- Positive, ‘can do’ attitude.
- Background in outdoor education and/or organic gardening / farming practices preferred.
- Must be able to pass background check.
Farm Education Interns Receive:
- College credit (must arrange with your school)
- Experience teaching outdoor education programs with children
- Knowledge of Pacific Northwest ecosystems
- Knowledge of organic farming practices in the Pacific Northwest
Submit a cover letter and resume with 3 references. Cover letter should address why you are interested in outdoor/agricultural education and your availability during aforementioned program times. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, but Fall Internship applications must be received no later than Monday, April 1st. Please send all application materials to: Internships, or call 503-341-8627.
The Sauvie Island Center is committed to supporting diversity, equity, and inclusion among our staff, volunteers, and those we serve. People of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.