Fun, Food & Farming at Farm Camp
Presented by Providence Health & Services, Sauvie Island Center’s Farm Camp is outdoor experience where children are outside all day, every day soaking up the fresh air and sunshine. Each day at camp is a new adventure as we explore and learn on our site at Topaz Farm.
Through traditional camp activities—like games, camp songs, arts and crafts and more—we’ll focus on different parts of the Sauvie Island Center curriculum including:
- Soil Exploration: Dig in and learn about healthy soil.
- Seed to Harvest: Plant, tend and harvest the Grow Lunch Garden.
- Plant Parts Investigation: Explore the farm and plants we can eat.
- Wildlife & Food Web: Who else has been foraging on the farm?
- Pollination Station: Meet these hard-working farm friends.
2021 Camp Details
We will be offering two weeks of farm camp in 2021:
Week 1: July 12-16 – Week 1 is full; we will place registrations on a waitlist and will be in touch if spaces become available.
Week 2: August 9-13 – Week 2 is full; we will place registrations on a waitlist and will be in touch if spaces become available.
- Age: For children entering 2nd – 5th grades in the fall.
- Time: 9:30 – 3:00 each day
- Cost: $250 per camper (scholarships available)
- Register: Farm Camp
- Other details: Campers will need to be dropped off and picked up at Topaz Farm on Sauvie Island. We can help to connect parents who are interested in carpooling.
2021 Summer Camp Scholarships
We are so happy to announce that, thanks to our generous supporters, we have a several full and partial needs-based scholarships available for both of our weeks of farm camp this summer. Scholarship applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and we will continue accepting applications until all of our scholarship spots are filled.
We are only able to accommodate scholarship requests for one week of camp at this time. If you would like to request scholarships for both weeks for the same child(ren), we are happy to put you on a hold list and will notify you if we have scholarship funding available closer to camp.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
We are closely monitoring summer camp health and safety protocols required and recommended by the State of Oregon; see our Communicable Disease Management Plan for details. If SIC makes the decision to cancel summer camp, everyone registered will be able to receive a full refund.
Our refund policy for participants canceling their own registration is as follows: 30 days before camp date: full refund minus $25 processing fee; 29-11 days before date of camp: 1/2 refund minus $25 processing fee; 10 days or less before the start of camp: no refund.
If you have any questions or concerns, or would like to cancel your summer camp registration, please reach out to us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.