Fun, Food & Farming at Farm Camp
Presented by Providence Health & Services, Sauvie Island Center’s Farm Camp is outdoor experience where children are outside all day, every day soaking up the fresh air and sunshine. Each day at camp is a new adventure as we explore the 18-acre Sauvie Island Organics farm and adjacent grounds of Metro’s Howell Territorial Park.
Through traditional camp activities—like games, camp songs, arts and crafts and more—we’ll focus on different parts of the Sauvie Island Center curriculum including:
- Soil Exploration: Dig in and learn about healthy soil.
- Healthy Cooking & Eating: Harvest fresh produce and cook with a local chef.
- Seed to Harvest: Plant, tend and harvest the Grow Lunch Garden.
- Plant Parts Investigation: Explore the farm and plants we can eat.
- Wildlife & Food Web: Who else has been foraging on the farm?
- Pollination Station: Meet these hard-working farm friends.
2018 Camp Schedule and Registration Links
1) Kick-off Session, June 25 – 29
- Age: For children entering 2nd, 3rd or 4th grades in the fall. Register online here.
- Time: 9:30 – 3:00 each day
- Cost: $225 per camper
- Register: Register and pay online or mail in payment to contact address below.
- Other details: Campers will need to be dropped off and picked up at Howell Territorial Park. We can help to connect parents who are interested in carpooling. You can also use Group Carpool.
The Sauvie Island Center looks forward to seeing your child at camp this year! Please note that we will not be able to refund camp registrations for any cancellations within 30 days of the beginning of camp. For example, if your child is attending camp during the week of July 10, the last day to cancel registration and receive a refund is June 10. Thank you for your understanding! This policy will help ensure that we can provide our summer campers with the best possible experience.
If you have any questions email our Program Director, Sarah Philips at email@example.com.
2) Partnership Summer Camps, July 2nd–August 3rd
From July 2nd through August 3rd our camps will be offered through partnerships with local schools and community partners. These camps will include all of the same activities as the kick-off session. The only differences are the registration processes, fees and transportation. Transportation to and from the farm will be provided during partner weeks. Register for these camps directly through the partners (links will be listed below as soon as they are available).
Cancellation for partner weeks should be handled directly through the partner camp’s registrar.