Fun, Food & Farming at Farm Camp
Presented by Providence Health & Services, Sauvie Island Center’s Farm Camp is outdoor experience where children are outside all day, every day soaking up the fresh air and sunshine. Each day at camp is a new adventure as we explore and learn on our site at Topaz Farm.
Through traditional camp activities—like games, camp songs, arts and crafts and more—we’ll focus on different parts of the Sauvie Island Center curriculum including:
- Soil Exploration: Dig in and learn about healthy soil.
- Seed to Harvest: Plant, tend and harvest the Grow Lunch Garden.
- Plant Parts Investigation: Explore the farm and plants we can eat.
- Wildlife & Food Web: Who else has been foraging on the farm?
- Pollination Station: Meet these hard-working farm friends.
2022 Camp Details
We will be offering two weeks of farm camp in 2022:
Week 1: July 12-16
Week 2: August 9-13
- Age: For children entering 2nd – 5th grades in the fall.
- Time: 9:30 – 3:00 each day
- Cost: $250 per camper (scholarships available)
- Register: Farm Camp
- Other details: Campers will need to be dropped off and picked up at Topaz Farm on Sauvie Island. We can help to connect parents who are interested in carpooling.
2021 Summer Camp Scholarships
We are so happy to announce that, thanks to our generous supporters, we have a several full and partial needs-based scholarships available for both of our weeks of farm camp this summer. Scholarship applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and we will continue accepting applications until all of our scholarship spots are filled.
We are only able to accommodate scholarship requests for one week of camp at this time. If you would like to request scholarships for both weeks for the same child(ren), we are happy to put you on a hold list and will notify you if we have scholarship funding available closer to camp.
Partner Camp Weeks
We will also offer 2 weeks of camp through partner, Catlin Gabel. Registration, payment and transportation will be handled by Catlin Gabel. With the exception of transportation, this week of camp will follow the same curriculum and schedule. For more information on this partner week please visit Catlin Gabel Farm Camp.
We are closely monitoring summer camp health and safety protocols required and recommended by the State of Oregon; see our Communicable Disease Management Plan for details. If SIC makes the decision to cancel summer camp, everyone registered will be able to receive a full refund. Participants canceling their own registration will receive a full refund if they cancel at least 30 days prior to their camp week.
If you have any questions or concerns, or would like to cancel your summer camp registration, please reach out to us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
If you have any general summer camp questions email our Program Director, Aliesje King, at email@example.com.