We’d love to see you and your family out on the farm Friday, October 11 for our Fall Family Farm Day! This is a day off from school, so be sure to take full advantage and head out to Sauvie Island Center for a morning of tasting, exploring, and learning together on the farm.
This open-house style event begins at 10 am and closes at 1 pm. Arrive at your convenience anytime before 12:30 pm and start at the barn. Grab a scavenger hunt form, then head out to the 18-acre Sauvie Island Growers farm where our staff and volunteers will guide you through an exploration of the science behind farming and growing our food. Our curriculum has been specifically designed for elementary school-age children, but all are welcome!
- Soil Exploration. Dig in and learn about healthy soil.
- Seed to Harvest. Plant, tend and harvest the Grow Lunch Garden.
- Healthy Snacks. Harvest fresh veggies and use them to create yummy snacks!
- Plant Parts Investigation. Explore the farm and plants we can eat.
- Wildlife & Food web. Who else has been foraging on the farm?
- Pollination Station. Meet these hard-working farm friends.