Exploration & Fun at Farm Camp
Presented by Providence Health & Services, Sauvie Island Center’s Spring Break Camp is outdoor experience where children are outside soaking up the fresh air and exploring the natural world. Each day at camp is a new adventure as we explore and learn on our site at Topaz Farm.
Through traditional camp activities—like games, camp songs, arts and crafts and more—we’ll focus on different parts of the Sauvie Island Center curriculum including:
- Soil Exploration: Dig in and learn about healthy soil.
- Seed to Harvest: Plant, tend and harvest the Grow Lunch Garden.
- Plant Parts Investigation: Explore the farm and plants we can eat.
- Wildlife & Food Web: Who else has been foraging on the farm?
- Pollination Station: Meet these hard-working farm friends.
2022 Camp Details
Unfortunately due to limited registration we have decided to cancel most of Spring Break Camp. We will however still host Family day on Friday, March 25th.
We do provide small group field trips if you know of a group of kids in your life that would like to spend time in a garden and on a farm. Find more information about Small Group Field Trips here.
March 25 (Family Day): Dig in to all SIC curriculum topics and the interconnectedness of nature We will cover pieces of each of our lessons in the morning. After a lunch break we will spend the afternoon exploring the farm and creating garden-themed arts and crafts near by. Family Day is offered on a sliding scale, $5 – $25 for the whole family.
- Age: For all ages
- Time: 10:00 – 2:00
- Cost: Rates for individual day(s) or all days, all offered on a sliding scale.
- Register here: Farm camp
- Other details: Parents attend a day in the garden with children. Structured lessons from 10-noon, lunch break, free time and activities available in or near the garden. Feel free to attend just the morning or all day.
*If/when a week of camp is full we will place registrations on a waitlist and will be in touch if spaces become available.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
We are closely monitoring Oregon Health Authority (OHA) health and safety protocols; see our Communicable Disease Management Plan for details. If spring break farm camp is cancelled everyone registered will be able to receive a full refund.
Our refund policy for participants cancelling their own registration is as follows: 14 or more days before camp date: full refund minus 5% processing fee; 7 to 13 days before date of camp: 50% refund minus 5% processing fee; 6 days or less before the start of camp: no refund without extenuating circumstances.
If you have any questions or concerns, or would like to cancel your summer camp registration, please reach out to us directly at email@example.com for more information.