We are currently hiring for summer internship positions.
- We will be holding three weeks of summer camp in 2021: July 12-16, July 26-30, and August 9-13. The 2021 Summer Internship consists of 24 days on the farm:
- July 6-8 – Training
- July 12-16 – Camp Week 1
- July 21-22 – Debrief Week 1 + Prep for Week 2
- July 26-30 – Camp Week 2
- August 4-5 – Debrief Week 2 + Prep for Week 3
- August 9-13 – Camp Week 3
- August 18-19 – Debrief + Close camp
- Interns will receive a $599 stipend (plus some pretty hefty perks) and have the opportunity to obtain college credit (intern will need to coordinate credit)
- The application deadline is Friday, June 25th.
- To apply, please send your resume, cover letter, and contact information for 2 references to our Program Director Aliesje King.
For more information, please see Farm Camp Intern Flier
You can find our Communicable Disease Management Plan for staff, volunteers, and interns here.
General Intern Requirements
- Open to college students/recent graduates interested in teaching youth about food, farming, and ecology.
- Must enjoy working with children!
- Ability to work outdoors, in variable climatic conditions, lifting, digging, using hand tools.
- Positive, ‘can do’ attitude.
- Background in outdoor education and/or organic gardening / farming practices preferred.
- Must be able to pass background check.
Farm Education Interns Receive:
- College credit (must arrange with your school)
- Experience teaching outdoor education programs with children
- Knowledge of Pacific Northwest ecosystems
- Knowledge of organic farming practices in the Pacific Northwest
The Sauvie Island Center is committed to supporting diversity, equity, and inclusion among our staff, volunteers, and those we serve. People of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.