Fun, Food & Farming at Farm Camp
Presented by Providence Health & Services, Sauvie Island Center’s Farm Camp is outdoor experience where children are outside all day, every day soaking up the fresh air and sunshine. Each day at camp is a new adventure as we explore and learn on the grounds of a beautiful Sauvie Island farm.
Through traditional camp activities—like games, camp songs, arts and crafts and more—we’ll focus on different parts of the Sauvie Island Center curriculum including:
- Soil Exploration: Dig in and learn about healthy soil.
- Healthy Cooking & Eating: Harvest fresh produce and cook our own delicious farm to table feast.
- Seed to Harvest: Plant, tend and harvest the Grow Lunch Garden.
- Plant Parts Investigation: Explore the farm and plants we can eat.
- Wildlife & Food Web: Who else has been foraging on the farm?
- Pollination Station: Meet these hard-working farm friends.
2020 Camp Schedule and Registration Links
1) Partnership Summer Camps, July 13th – July 31st
From July 13th through July 31st our camps will be offered through partnerships with local schools and community partners. These camps will include all of the same activities as the Sauvie Island Center camp week (listed below). The only differences are the registration processes, fees and transportation. Transportation to and from the farm will be provided during partner weeks. Register for these camps directly through the partners (links will be listed below as soon as they are available).
- July 13th – 17th: Peninsula Park Community Center week 1
- July 20th–July 24th: Catlin Gabel
- July 27th–July 31st: Peninsula Park Community Center week 2
Cancellation for partner weeks should be handled directly through the partner camp’s registrar.
2) Sauvie Island Center camp week August 3rd – August 7th
- Age: For children entering 2nd, 3rd or 4th grades in the fall.
- Time: 9:30 – 3:00 each day
- Cost: $250 per camper
- Register: Farm Camp
- Other details: Campers will need to be dropped off and picked up on Sauvie Island. We can help to connect parents who are interested in carpooling.
The Sauvie Island Center looks forward to seeing your child at camp this year! Please note that we will not be able to refund camp registrations for any cancellations within 30 days of the beginning of camp. For example, if your child is attending camp starting August 3rd, the last day to cancel registration and receive a refund is July 3rd. Thank you for your understanding! This policy will help ensure that we can provide our summer campers with the best possible experience.
If you have any questions email our Program Manager, Aliesje King, at firstname.lastname@example.org.