Standard field trips are for students in grades 2nd-5th and are offered to groups of up to 30 students. The cost per trip is $250. Scholarship funds are available for those who qualify. We also offer special programs for both younger and older students. Please reach out to Helen if your group has more than 30 students.
Click here to schedule a standard field trip or here to pay for a standard field trip. If you have questions or need additional information contact Program Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 503-341-8627.
The Sauvie Island Center offers elementary school students a guided exploration of the many exciting offerings on Topaz Farm’s 130 acres. Our curriculum is aligned to Next Generation Science Standards. Visiting students are separated into three smaller groups. Each group rotates through three 45 minute, hands-on lessons based on our five-part curriculum, which includes:
- Compost and Soil Investigation (Fall only)
- Plant Parts Investigation
- Seed to Harvest (plant life cycle) Students plant, tend and harvest vegetables in the Grow Lunch Garden
- Pollinator Investigation (Spring only)
- Wildlife and the Food Web