Celebrate National Pollinator Week June 19 -25
Join us on Friday, June 16th from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm for Pollination Celebration, a morning of learning, tasting and growing together in our Grow Lunch Garden on the grounds of beautiful Topaz Farm . Learn about the important role pollinators play in our food supply. Search for pollinators and get an up close look at how they gather pollen. Our curriculum is designed for elementary school children, but Pollination Celebration is open to everyone! Registration is requested but not required and a donation of $5 to $15 dollars is suggested to help cover the costs associated with this event. Last but not least – stick around and enjoy lunch at Topaz Farm after the event.
Visit six different pollinator stations at Pollination Celebration.
- Welcome! – Grab your pollinator protector passport and head out into the Grow Lunch Garden.
- Antennae Art – Antennae come in all shapes and sizes! Make your own wearable antennae and learn how insects use theirs to “see and hear”.
- Be(e) a Pollinator –Experience be(e)ing a pollinator as you fly from colorful flower to flower, gathering pollen and winging it back to your hive.
- Honey, I Love You – Taste a variety of honey flavors and learn how plants and flowers impact the flavor of honey. Which one is your favorite?
- Pollinator Watercolor – Paint an homage to your favorite pollinator.
- Up Close & Personal with Flowers – Use your magnifying glass to dissect a flower and find out what the bees are buzzing about.
P.S. If you can make Pollination Celebration (or even if you can), be sure to check out PDX Parent Family Fun Day. On Saturday, June 24th from 10 am to 2 pm Topaz Farm will host a day of fun on the farm for the whole family.